Step onboard HMS Tropical World for an unforgettable fun adventure on a tropical island.
Land on the sandy white beach before venturing inland to the rainforest where you will find waterfalls tumbling into jungle pools. Keep a look out for exotic animals on your journey, you will discover snakes, spiders, Meerkats and Lemurs along with many unusual topical insects.
Tropical World at Roundhay Park is one of Leeds’ most popular family attractions which offers a unique opportunity to explore the habitats of the Tropics and other hot places from around the world. It includes jungle, desert, nocturnal and aquatic habitats with plants and animals such as crocodiles, lemurs, butterflies, bats, snakes and a gorgeous family of meerkats complete with babies!
Cold drinks and ice lollies are available to buy if you need to cool off or you can pop along to the Explorer’s café if you need teas, coffees, cakes or lunch.
There are seven zones in Tropical World:
– A Butterfly House
– An Atrium with fish tanks and a crocodile enclosure
– The Australasian house, with exotic birds, plants and flowers
– Creature corner which has exotic reptiles and insects
– The South American House, again with exotic birds, plants and flowers
– The Desert House which is home to our meerkats, along with birds, cacti and succulents
– The Nocturnal Zone, which is home to Egyptian fruit bats, pygmy slow lorises and tenrecs.
– We also have lemurs, cotton topped tamarins and golden lion tamarins which are all adorable and very popular.